FiredoorCheck™ - FIRE DOOR INSPECTION SYSTEM
FiredoorCheck™ Case Study 1:
St Mary's Hospital, Isle of Wight
Using the FiredoorCheck™ System, Checkmate Fire carried out a complete audit of the Fire Doors at St Mary’s Hospital, on the Isle of Wight.
We holistically co-ordinated the fire compartmentation to match the overall fire strategy of the building.
As a result, large cost savings were realised, as it was found that approximately 500 fire doors were not on a fire line and did not need, year on year, assessing, auditing or maintaining in a fire compliant state.
Before the Audit
- Existing drawings were found to be not fit for
- Doors were not numbered.
- No door schedule.
- No differentiation existed between main
compartmentation (1 hour) and sub compartmentation
- Number of fire doors and condition of fire doors and
compartment walls not known.
- No system to organise and prioritise required
Following the Audit
- Differentiation now exists between main
compartmentation and subcompartmentation.
- Approximately 500 fire doors were found not to form
part of the hospital’s fire compartmentation - saving
future inspection and remedial costs.
- The condition of each doorset now known, enabling
remedial work to be phased and prioritised within
- The hospital now has a system for managing the fire
compartmentation for the life of the building.
Mike Davis of FiredoorCheck™ with Martin Keightley, Isle of Wight NHS
“FiredoorCheck has helped us achieve both fire compliance and efficiency savings in a practical, cost-effective manner”.
St Mary’s Hospital Fire Safety Manager
© Checkmate Fire Solutions Ltd.